Every business (nonprofits too) has a story.
We’d like to know and bet, others in McHenry County would also. More than just a company profile, spotlights give us a chance to shine a light on your unique story. They provide a human element that may resonate with your neighbors.
They can share the interesting backstory of how you started, whether new or third generation. They can share the story of obstacles overcome, or just interesting history.
They also provide a chance to show how your organization has impacted the community as well as how the community has impacted you. They provide a vehicle for sharing what the future holds, as well as an opportunity to give thanks for the past.
And in case you were wondering, being featured in a Spotlight Story is of course free!
Benefits of having your company profile featured in a Spotlight Story:
- A chance to share your own story and be recognized.
- Promote your social media profiles, McHenry Life listing page, and of course, your website.
- Time it with an important milestone, event, or other marketing efforts.
- You can also offer a special promotion to McHenry Life readers along with your story.
- We can also integrate it with a McHenry Life sweepstakes sponsorship to boost your exposure.
- Your Spotlight Story will be featured on our homepage and promoted across our social media profiles.
- Your McHenry Life listing will feature a Spotlight Story badge, differentiating it from others and calling attention to it.
- Your story will link to your listing page, and we’ll add a link to your story from your listing page.
We’ll add a Spotlight Story badge like this onto your listing card.
See Spotlights we’ve done already.
Every business owner I come across I always recommend McHenry Life for advertising. Brian goes the extra mile for small business owners and it shows that he cares about growing businesses in McHenry and surrounding areas.
My business also received a spotlight story and the whole experience was great. I am not a writer in any form and Brian was able to capture my whole story and tell it in such a way that kept people reading. Not only do I love advertising with McHenry Life, it is also my go to for when I need local recommendations for food, services, and even events!Maggie D.
Just Crock It
How does it work?
We’re flexible and happy to work with you, so consider this a starting point:
- Submit a Spotlight Story Request form (link below) which lets us know you are interested and gives us some initial info about you.
- We’ll arrange a time to chat, preferably in person, but we can even chat over Zoom or the phone.
- We’ll do a deeper dive interview with you (audio recorded to save time and allow us to be present and focus on the conversation.
- In addition to our questions, we’re happy to work in any information that may be important to you.
- If possible, we’d love to grab some photos…you, your products, your staff, your location, your process, whatever helps tell your story.
- We’ll work with you to develop your sweepstakes sponsorship if that is something you are interested in doing.
- If you don’t already have a listing profile, we can help you set that up as well.
- Then we’ll craft your Spotlight Story and publish it (around your target dates if that’s important and possible).
- We’ll then help spread the word about you, your story, and your sweepstakes if that’s part of it.
Don’t wait. Submit today so that we can begin planning your McHenry Life Spotlight!